Warm Audio WA-CX12 Studio Tube Microphone
Warm WA-CX12 not currently in stock
A faithful recreation of one of the most natural and balanced tube condenser microphones of all time, the WA-CX12 captures the true sound of sources and rooms with extreme accuracy. Used over and over again by some of the world’s most recognized engineers and artists, the original microphone stands out as open, airy, and natural. Pairing the CK12-style capsule with the large-core TAB-Funkenwerk USA output transformer helps the CX12 capture musical bass, organic mids, and polished high end. With no-compromise components and elite build quality, the WA-CX12 delivers that iconic sound that no personal or professional mic locker is complete without.
The gently tuned 5-10kHz boost of the WA-CX12 accentuates and smoothes out the upper register in many vocal performances.
One of the more popular studio uses for the original 12-style microphone is as a stereo pair on grand piano. Because of the mic’s relatively flat frequency at 0dB until the top-end boost kicks in, the WA-CX12 adds just the right amount of pristine high end to a piano performance.
Whether it’s room reflections, splashy cymbals, or guitar & bass cabinets - mixing in a distant WA-CX12 can bring a natural “live” sound to professional recordings.
- Solo vocalists
- Piano (stereo pairs)
- Room mic
- Guitar and Bass amp mic (close and distant)
- Choral/group vocals
- String sections
- Custom edge terminated, all-brass vintage CK12-style capsule
- Custom TAB-Funkenwerk (AMI) USA Output Transformer
- Premium 12AY7 vacuum tube
- Premium Capacitors
- Polar Patterns: 9 Patterns - Cardioid, Omnidirectional, Figure-8, + 6 additional mixed patterns
- Max SPL: 149dB
- Frequency Response: 30Hz-20kHz
- Output Impedance: 200 ohms
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 73dB
- EIN / Self-noise: 32dBA
- Power Source: External IEC grounded PSU
- Cable: Gotham 5 meter GAC-7, premium 7-pin tube microphone cable
- Total Weight: 17 lbs, Mic only: 2lbs 7oz
- Mic Dimensions: 11 ⅝” x 2”