Warm Audio WA-14 LDC microphone
The WA-14 is a '414-style condenser microphone based on the early 1970's microphone used on countless hit records. The WA14 has a custom all-brass CK12-style capsule, CineMag USA transformer, and a fully discrete signal path. The Warm Audio WA14 can be used on an array of sources, such as punchy/warm intimate lead vocals, acoustic/electric guitars, bass, drums/percussion, strings/orchestral material, and many other sources. The WA-14 provides a realism and thickness that is true to the vintage microphone - but at an affordable price!
The WA-12-B-60V is an all-brass, edge-terminated capsule that captures all the smoothness, rich top end, and warm vintage sonics of the original CK12 capsule. The WA-12-B-60V uses a variant CEK-12 backplate as a basis, overcoming manufacturing limitations of the original CK12 capsule. The o-ring and housing of the WA-12-B-60V are all made from brass (no teflon parts), and the diaphragm is 24k gold sputtered 6 micron, NOS PET film (mylar). The end result is a very consistent, reliable capsule which matches the frequency response and tonality of the classic 1970's classic capsule.
Warm WA-14 Microphone Specifications
• Large diaphragm condenser microphone with variable pad and three polar patterns
• Features custom WA-12-B-60V edge-terminated, dual-backplate, all-brass vintage CK12-style capsule
• Custom CineMag USA transformer
• Frequency range: 20Hz to 20kHz
• Output pad: 0dB, -10dB, -20dB
• Polar Patterns: Cardioid, figure of eight and omnidirectional
• Output Impedance: 150 ohms
• 3-pin gold plated XLR
• Requires +48V phantom power
• Includes shock mount and hard mount
• Color: black