Schoeps CMC 6 u Microphone Amplifier
Schoeps CMC6 in stock at Tidepool Audio!
Schoeps CMC 6 U amplifier (Preamp/Body)
Includes SG20 stand clamp and protective box.
The Schoeps CMC6 u electrical properties have set new standards in terms of low distortion levels and common mode rejection (i.e. suppression of interference induced in the microphone cable).
- flat frequency response
- very low harmonic distortion and noise
- works with 12V and 48V phantom power
- balanced, low-impedance output
- high suppression of interference on the microphone cable
- excellent protection against high-frequency radio interference with "RFI Shield"
- frequency-independent impedance
- signal transmission possible over very long cables
- reliable operation even with weak phantom power
- symmetrical, transformer- and capacitor-free output stage with a class-A amplifier
- above 20 kHz, the signal is attenuated for protection against interference in the ultrasonic range, e.g. through the ultrasonic autofocus of a film camera
The capsules of condenser microphones can't be connected directly to microphone cables or inputs; a microphone amplifier is required in between. Thus a complete microphone of the Colette series comprises any of the twenty available types of capsules combined with an amplifier. The CMC 6 U is designed for standard 48- and 12-Volt phantom powering. Its circuitry recognizes the supply voltage and adjusts itself automatically. Its performance characteristics remain essentially the same either way; mainly, the difference is that the current drawn at 12 Volts is greater than at 48 Volts. However, the 12-Volt mode consumes less power and might be preferred for battery-powered recording.
The microphone amplifier is responsible for providing the necessary electric charge to the capsule, without which it would be unable to generate a signal. Since the capsule's output signal is very weak (Hi-Z), it must be amplified. In order for the microphone's output to cleanly reach the next stage in the signal chain, it must undergo balancing and impedance matching before transmission. The CMC 6 incorporates a balanced, direct-coupled class-A amplifier, yielding a low output impedance, high RF shielding, and minimal distortion.
Frequency range 20 Hz - 20 kHz
Sensitivity dependent on corresponding capsule
Maximum output voltage 1 V (0 dBV) with 1 kΩ load
Low cut filter 20 Hz, 12 dB/octave
Minimum recommended load impedance 1 kΩ
Maximum SPL (THD < 0.5%) with MK 4: 131 dB-SPL (P48, P12)
Output impedance 42 Ω
Maximum cable length > 400 m / ~1300ft
Schoeps RFI shield Yes
Powering standard / Valid range P48 / 20-52 volts, P12 / 10-13 volts
Current consumption 4 mA (P48), 8 mA (P12)
Common mode rejection (at 1 kHz) >60 dB
Output XLR-3M, analog, 1 channel
Surface finish matte gray