Schoeps CMC 1 L Mini Microphone Amplifier
Schoeps CMC 1 L Mini Microphone Amplifier in stock at Tidepool - we ship fast!
- Variant of the Schoeps CMC 1 U with miniature Lemo output connector
- K 5 LU (5 m cable with XLR-3M plug) and SGC stand adapter are included
- Fully equal alternative to the well-known CMC 6
- Compatible with all available MK capsules and active Colette accessories, e.g. CUT 60 or RC
Recommended accessories for boom use are the same as for CCM microphones, e.g. MINIX CCM LU or Rycote INV-5.
The CMC 1 is our new, small Colette microphone amplifier, about one-third the length and 53% lighter than the CMC 6. It is compatible with all components of the Colette system and can be used in place of the CMC 6 without compromise, for all applications in which the size and weight of the microphone play a role.
At SCHOEPS, “uncompromising miniaturization” means that the electrical characteristics of the CMC 1 are equal to, or even better than, those of the CMC 6. Through modern electronic design, these outstanding electrical properties have been achieved:
- high maximum SPL: 135 dB-SPL with the MK 4 (0.5% THD or less)
- very low current consumption: 2.0 mA at 48 Volts
- operates on 48 V or 12 V phantom power, reliable operation even if powering is somewhat marginal
- very high immunity from RF interference with the SCHOEPS RFI Shield; high immunity to cable-induced hum and other interference (field tested with Audio Limited A 10, etc.)
- flat frequency response
- very low distortion
- constant output impedance across the audio frequency range
- balanced, direct-coupled, class-A output circuit
- output is filtered in the ultrasonic range to prevent interference, e.g. from camera autofocus
A complete Colette-series microphone consists of an MK capsule and a CMC amplifer. All capsules and active accessories of the Colette system are compatible with the CMC 1.
The CMC 1 works with standard 12-Volt or 48-Volt phantom powering. Power consumption is lower at 12 Volts--an advantage for battery-powered operation