Millennia HV-3D-8 Dante Eight Channel Microphone Preamplifier
Please inquire to pre-order your Millennia HV-3D-8 Dante Preamp - not currently in stock
Authentic Transparency for Unrestricted Creativity
- Unsurpassed ambience retrieval
- Transformerless design with matched hi-speed discrete transistor octet has +23 dBu input headroom: no attenuator “pads” needed
- Uncolored timbral accuracy at all dynamic levels
- Entirely balanced audio path with precision components maintains signal integrity: THD under 5 ppm (.0005%)
- Effortless, vividly realistic musical performance
- Laser-trimmed FET-based output stage has 32 dB headroom: drives 1000 foot (300 m) cable runs with ease
- Standard 36-step gain controls (1.5 dB per step) are stereo matched to .08 dB
- Ultra-clean universal power supply
- Grayhill mil-spec gold switching
- Welded 16 gauge steel rack chassis
- Hand-crafted in Northern California
Options - let us know at time of order
- Ribbon optimized DC coupled input - $100/channel
- Extra 10dB gain - no charge
- DPA 130V input - $300/channel
- Analog output expander PCB (3x outputs per channel)
Lots of Pure Clean Gain
Monte Vallier, EQ
The sound is great -- sweet, refined, full of dynamics - fabulous on grand piano.
Tony Faulkner, Greenroom Productions, UK owner of HV-3D and M-2B preamplifiers
The HV-3D is one of the finest pieces of gear with which I have ever had the pleasure to work. I use three of them to record the National Symphony Orchestra at the Kennedy
Center, with spectacular results.
Charles Lawson, Senior Recording/Production
Engineer WETA Radio, Washington, DC
This is an outstanding mic preamp. I’ve never heard our mics sound this clean on piano. We’ve been using our [46 channels of] Millennia preamps on everything...
Jack Renner, President, Telarc Records International
Our HV-3D is primarily dedicated to making a great drum sound instantly available. It’s truly a beautiful thing and it sounds awesome... The HV-3D has added so much more
to the feeling of creativity in our studio and I just want to say thanks for making such a great unit. It’s a solid piece of work, looks great and it sounds amazing - I’m in love!
John Haggins, DigiNote Studio, Miami Beach, FL
“For the HBO Live Broadcast of The Rolling Stones from Madison Square Garden 1/18/03, we used 82 channels of HV-3s on stage to drive about 800 feet of wire five stories down to the Silver Truck. I am absolutely amazed at how good it sounded with that length of cable! Those HV-3s could drive the Atlantic phone cable to London!”
David Hewitt, Chief Engineer, Remote Recording Services
I like to get on tape (or on hard disc) what I hear in the room. When I was looking for a new mic pre, the main concerns were - no colouration, transparency and the lowest
possible noise floor and reliability, because we record 360 days a year. I simply could not find anything better than the HV-3D.
Jörg Mayr, Audio Engineer, Music Producer
Vienna Symphonic Library
"Over a period of months, I used the HV-3 on all types of sessions, ranging from stereo-miked chamber ensembles to multi-track pop sessions. In all cases, the HV-3 provided an absolutely faithful rendition of the microphone's sound, without imparting any coloration of its own... An excellent value offering impeccable audio specs, first-rate construction, and sonic transparency under any conditions. The Millennia Media HV-3 is...for those who seek absolute purity in reproduction."
MIX Magazine, Feature Review By George Petersen, Editor
"Just to let you know, the recording we did of the Penderecki Credo won this year's Grammy for "Best Choral Recording". We used 16 channels of Millennia pre-amps on stage." THANKS FOR THE GREAT SOUND!!
Don Harder, Chief Audio Engineer, Canadian Broadcasting Company (March 2001)