Focal Shape Twin dual 5" Powered Studio Monitor Pair
Focal Shape Twin Monitor Pairs in stock at Tidepool Audio!
The Shape Twin is the standard bearer of the Shape series with its dedicated mid-range driver, two passive radiators, woofers equipped with a new Flax cone, and a “M”-shaped Aluminum/Magnesium inverted dome tweeter.
Like the top of the line Focal reference speakers (costing around $200k/pair), Shape Twin is made in France and is designed to meet the needs of nearfield monitoring. The Shape Twin monitors combine a clever design with settings optimized for the acoustics of small listening rooms. Shape Twin has excellent reproduction over the entire audio spectrum with broad frequency response in the low end and high SPL considering its size. The compact design makes it easy to integrate even into the most cramped of rooms. This tri-amped, 2.5-way design gives it a real advantage in controlling the bass and lower mids which are the hardest to control in small rooms.
Shape Twin’s five innovations present remarkable tonal balance, with very wide and precise stereo imaging. The low frequencies are well defined and controlled. The low-mid and mid ranges provide a true neutral sound.
- Tweeter with very low directivity for a flexible (wide) listening position
- Double passive radiators (no ports), allowing it to be placed near a wall.
- Numerous settings for optimal integration
- Accurate control/dispersion
- Flax sandwich cone: controlled and well defined bass, natural and detailed lower mid-range and upper mid-range ranges.
- Mounting mechanisms present on the back and underneath the loudspeaker: for installing on a table stand, a microphone stand, the ceiling or a wall (mounting accessories not supplied).