Burl B2 ADC Two-Channel Analog to Digital Converter
THE B2 BOMBER ANALOG / DIGITAL CONVERTER
The B2 BOMBER ADC from BURL AUDIO could be the most significant piece of audio gear in your studio. You’ve bought great mics & preamps, but unfortunately you are missing one key component; an ADC with an audio path worthy of your recordings.
Open up your best mic preamp - you will see high quality components: tubes, large transformers and capacitors. Open up your ADC and you will find ten cent capacitors and run-of-the-mill op-amps. Most DAW hardware interfaces are designed for inter-connectivity with little attention to the analog audio path or the conversion.
The B2 BOMBER has great specifications & is designed to give you the ultimate in recording tone. People try to figure out why their digital recordings don’t have the warmth and feel of analog tape recordings. We try using tube Mic Pres and great compressors, but there is still something missing. There is still that graininess and lack of depth that comes with digital recordings.
BURL AUDIO has solved this problem by designing an analog audio path that is complimentary to your Mic Pre and to the analog to digital process. By using a revolutionary hybrid circuit with a proprietary transformer, the BURL AUDIO BX1 and a discrete class-A, zero feedback, zero capacitor signal path, we have achieved superb dynamic and tonal balance.
The B2 is not just for tracking. Mix down and mastering were the main focus of the B2′s layout and design. With 30 segment peak amplitude and RMS metering, the B2 lets you know exactly how hot you are running your signal which is critical for mastering.
The attenuator settings on the front easily allow you to change input headroom giving you the ability to hit the front end hotter or colder depending on what the material calls for. And don’t be afraid to run the B2 BOMBER hot, it only sounds better. Couple that with an extremely low jitter clock source, and you have the B2 BOMBER ADC, the most significant piece of gear in your studio.
• 44.1k Hz to 192k Hz, 24 bit, 2 channel ADC
• Proprietary, high definition, BURL Audio BX1 transformer input
• All class A, discrete transistors signal path with zero feedback, zero caps
• Audiophile quality 6 position attenuator with standard headroom settings
• High definition metering with simultaneous RMS and peak indication
• (2) AES and Toslink output
• BNC word clock input with two outputs of extremely low jitter clock
• Frequency response at 48kHz sample rate is 12Hz to 22kHz, +/- 0.1dB
• Frequency response at 96kHz sample rate is 15Hz to 46kHz, +/- 0.1dB
• Frequency response at 192kHz sample rate is 18Hz to 94kHz, +/- 0.1dB
• 120dB Dynamic Range (A- weighted), 117dB (no weighting)
• -100dB THD+N (+4dBU = -18dBFS)
• -94dB THD+N (+21dBU = -1dBFs)
• Rugged, Made in USA