Audio-Technica AT4051b Cardioid Condenser Microphone ON SALE
Ideal for pro recording and critical applications in broadcast, this versatile studio performer may be used with confidence in a wide variety of professional miking applications. Featuring direct-coupled balanced outputs for clean signals in high-output conditions, the microphone is totally free of the distortion associated with conventional transformer-coupled outputs. Its fast response to transients contributes to the open, transparent reproduction of even the most difficult-to-capture instruments. The microphone is fully RoHS-compliant – free from all substances specified in the EU directive on the reduction of hazardous substances (RoHS).
The A-T4051b consists of two modular subassemblies: an AT4900b-48 body and an AT4051b-EL cardioid head capsule. Additional interchangeable capsules are available in omnidirectional (AT4049b-EL) and hypercardioid (AT4053b-EL).
- Specially engineered to meet the most critical acoustic requirements of professional recording, broadcast and sound reinforcement
- High front-to-back rejection ratio—cardioid polar pattern improves isolation of desired sound source
- Direct-coupled, balanced output results in a clean signal even under high-output conditions
- Transformerless circuitry virtually eliminates low-frequency distortion and provides superior correlation of high-speed transients
- Switchable 80 Hz hi-pass filter and 10 dB pad
- Rugged turned-brass microphone housing for enduring dependability
- State-of-the-art design and manufacturing techniques ensure compliance with A-T’s stringent consistency and reliability standards
ELEMENT Externally polarized (DC bias) capacitor POLAR PATTERN Cardioid FREQUENCY RESPONSE 20-20,000 Hz LOW FREQUENCY ROLL-OFF 80 Hz, 18 dB/octave OPEN CIRCUIT SENSITIVITY -34 dB (19.9 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa IMPEDANCE 50 ohms MAXIMUM INPUT SOUND LEVEL 145 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D.;
155 dB SPL, with 10 dB pad (nominal)
NOISE 16 dB SPL DYNAMIC RANGE (typical) 129 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL SIGNAL-TO-NOISE RATIO 78 dB, 1 kHz at 1 Pa PHANTOM POWER REQUIREMENTS 48V DC, 4.8 mA typical SWITCH Flat, roll-off; 10 dB pad (nominal) WEIGHT 126 g (4.4 oz) DIMENSIONS 155.0 mm (6.10") long,
21.0 mm (0.83") maximum body diameter
OUTPUT CONNECTOR Integral 3-pin XLRM-type