Schoeps V4 U Studio Vocal Microphone
The V4 U is the studio vocal microphone by Schoeps. It unites the outstanding technical characteristics typical of SCHOEPS with a timeless, classic design.
The “look” of the V4 U is based on the SCHOEPS CM 51/3 from 1951. But the V4 U is a thoroughly modern studio microphone. Its capsule, circuitry and mechanical construction are the result of extensive new development.
- A 33-mm beveled collar causes the capsule’s directivity to increase steadily and smoothly at high frequencies, as in a largediaphragm microphone.
- Meanwhile, the superior acoustic qualities of a small-diaphragm capsule like the extraordinarily smooth frequency and polar response are maintained.
- The capsule is elastically suspended internally to reduce solid-borne sound such as handling noise.
- Newly-developed bridge-type balanced output circuit.
- Maximum sound pressure level of 144 dB SPL, corresponding to an output level of 4.8 V.
- Output stage transformerless and free of coupling capacitors.
- The resulting output impedance is low and constant with frequency, while the symmetry is very high.
- Symmetrical, balanced output, the entire audio circuit is symmetrical from the output of the FET onward.
- High immunity to interference, with gapless shielding and a modern RFI filter at the output; very good electromagnetic compatibility.
- Studio Vocal Microphone
- New small-diaphragm capsule architecture, with bevelled collar for controlling the polar response.
- Warm, clear sonic character with smoothly rolled-off diffuse-field response.
- Capsule head with adjustable tilt angle.
- Optimal on-axis frequency response featuring a mild high-frequency lift.
- Very smooth polar response; carefully-controlled narrowing of the pattern at high frequencies.
- Diffuse-field response parallel to the 0° response, with a gentle roll-off at high frequencies.
- Newly designed electronics offer a very high maximum sound pressure level.