Schoeps CMC 1 u Microphone Preamp
- Schoeps CMC 1 U Preamp Body in stock at Tidepool Audio!
- Complete alternative to the renowned CMC 6
- Fully compatible with all existing MK capsules and Colette active accessories such as the CUT 60 and RC tubes
- Suitable mounting accessories are already available, such as the CINELA E-OSIX-CMC1U and the Rycote INV-6 elastic suspensions.
The CMC 1 is our new, small Colette microphone amplifier, about one-third the length and 53% lighter than the CMC 6. It is compatible with all components of the Colette system and can be used in place of the CMC 6 without compromise, for all applications in which the size and weight of the microphone play a role.
At SCHOEPS, “uncompromising miniaturization” means that the electrical characteristics of the CMC 1 are equal to, or even better than, those of the CMC 6. Through modern electronic design, these outstanding electrical properties have been achieved:
- high maximum SPL: 135 dB-SPL with the MK 4 (0.5% THD or less)
- very low current consumption: 2.0 mA at 48 Volts
- operates on 48 V or 12 V phantom power, reliable operation even if powering is somewhat marginal
- very high immunity from RF interference with the SCHOEPS RFI Shield; high immunity to cable-induced hum and other interference (field tested with Audio Limited A 10, etc.)
- flat frequency response
- very low distortion constant output impedance across the audio frequency range
- balanced, direct-coupled, class-A output circuit
- output is filtered in the ultrasonic range to prevent interference, e.g. from camera autofocus
A complete Colette-series microphone consists of an MK capsule and a CMC amplifer. All capsules and active accessories of the Colette system are compatible with the CMC 1.
The CMC 1 works with standard 12-Volt or 48-Volt phantom powering. Power consumption is lower at 12 Volts--an advantage for battery-powered operation
20 Hz-20 kHz
see corresponding capsule
|Maximum output voltage||
1,8 V (5 dbV) with 1 kΩ load
|Maximum sound pressure level (THD < 0.5 %)||
135 dB-SPL (P48) with MK 4
|Low cut filter||
20 Hz, 12 dB/oct
50 Ω +/- 1 Ω (8 Hz - 50 kHz)
|Minimum recommended load impedance||
|Common mode rejection ratio (at 1 kHz)||
> 55 dB
|Maximum cable length||
> 400 m / ~1300 ft
|SCHOEPS RFI Shield||
|Powering standard / Valid range||
P48 / 30-52 V
2 mA (P48)
XLR-3M, analog, 1 channel
36 mm / ~1.4"
20 mm / 0.8"
36 g / 1.3 oz