Great River ME-1NV One-Channel Mic Preamp
The ME-1NV (single channel mic preamp) greatly modernizes and improves classic British design. This desktop (and rackable) preamp offers the same definitive sonic fidelity and expert craftsmanship as all Great River products. Transparency and vintage harmonic structure are both achieved with NV-Series preamps.
The ME-1NV achieves new classic performance status with two discrete Class-A gain stages (the dual gain-stage meters are a Great River exclusive), a front-panel DI input jack which is routed via a FET and BJT buffer through the input transformer (also unique to Great River preamps) for must-hear-to-believe sound from all Hi-Z instruments, and a discrete high-current Class-A "big iron" transformer-coupled output amplifier. The ME-1NV is a fundamentally important audio tool that brings out the best in every microphone and instrument.
The ME-1NV has an internal power supply suitable for operation on any power grid. A simple change of fuse and
proper positioning of a voltage selector will adjust the unit for any voltage between 100 and 240 V AC.
The NV Series construction quality is like a beautiful battleship, said one grizzled audio veteran.
- Multiple In/Out connections: XLR balanced; ¼" -10dbV output for 'no-latency' DAW monitoring; high-Z input on front panel (disconnects mic input): TRS ¼" insert patch point for compressor or equalizer ahead of the output amplifier
- Adjustable gain stages: input in 5db steps to 60db; output from -25 to +10db; maximum overall gain 70db; 2 to 3 stages of single ended solid state amplifier gain blocks, depending on gain structure; high-current 70ma Class A bias on output stage
- Input and output meters on each channel (dual-stage metering is a Great River exclusive)
- Front panel switches: polarity; phantom power; input impedance (1200 / 300 ohm); output loading (600 ohm resistor across output transformer)
- High quality, custom wound Sowter transformers
- Gold plated switching contacts
- Internal power supply
- 110 or 220 volt operation with external selection, either 50 or 60 Hz
- 3 year warranty with registration
- Half-rack-space with internal power supply
- ME-1NV Benefits
- 'Big Iron Vintage Sound' from custom-wound transformers
- 'No-latency' output monitoring for DAW users
- High-Z input is ideal for bass, guitar, and sound modules (FET-buffered and routed into the input transformer, a Great River exclusive)
- Gain stage monitoring via dual meters (also a Great River exclusive)
- Ultra quiet noise floor for outstanding performance at any gain setting