Great River EQ-2NV Two-Channel Equalizer
Classic LC topology with modern discrete technology
The EQ-2NV (two channel equalizer) greatly modernizes the classic British “1081/1083”-type design. This single-rack-space digitally controlled analog parametric EQ offers similar topology to vintage 1081/1083 models, but with welcome improvements. Newly designed Class-A discrete single-ended amplifiers and true inductor/capacitor (L/C) circuitry add greater clarity and dynamic range to the musicality of the vintage-era models. The EQ-2NV also has a unique discrete high-current Class-A balanced output stage.
To make life in the studio (and on the road) easier, the EQ-2NV has been specifically designed to integrate with the patch loop in Great River NV Series microphone preamplifiers (with a single TRS ¼” cable), for complete flexibility in tracking and mixing. The front panel input selector / sensitivity switch offers the option of using the signal from the EQ-2NV's transformer-coupled line input (ranging from +8dbm to -20dbm), or the patched signal from the NV preamp. When connected via the patch loop, the four EQ sections are inserted between the microphone (or DI) input’s first gain stage (with level control and metering) and the preamplifier’s output gain stage and "big iron" transformer (also with level control and metering). This routing flexibility provides a broad range of sonic/harmonic possibilities and maintains a full Class-A signal path.
“It’s the best EQ I’ve ever used”, said a prominent pro audio magazine editor.
- Two channel, discrete Class-A design
- Multiple In/Out connections: XLR balanced line in and out; ¼" -10dbV output for 'no-latency' DAW monitoring; TRS ¼” insert patch point for NV Series mic preamp (inserts EQ between NV preamp gain stages)
- Wide range of input sensitivity from +8dbm to -20dbm with selection between line in and insert patch point
- 4 bands independently enabled with +/-15db boost/cut
- Hi and low bands selectable between peaking and shelving
- Hi-mid and low-mid bands each have 3 selectable Q positions
- 3rd order selectable frequency high pass filter
- Hardwire bypass of equalizer section
- Internal low-noise shielded power supply (externally selectable for 110 / 220 volt; 50 / 60 Hz)
- 3 year warranty with registration
- Single rack space with internal power supply
- Balanced +4dBU & -10dBV Unbalanced I/O
- Multi-purpose: operates with NV Series preamps and as a standalone EQ
- Effortless sound shaping and frequency manipulation
- Flexible band use; 1,2,3, or 4 bands can be used simultaneously
- Simple pushbutton selection between Q positions and peak/shelf