Besides Dante, the 4 x 4 ADAT ports deliver enough bandwidth to convert all 16 x 16 analog signals at 96kHz, or even 32 x 32 channels at 48kHz. MADI adds another 64 x 64 channels, and is implemented using a modular SFP conection to offer different MADI standards (like Singlemode). Just replace the MADI module by a different model.
Configuring the device is a breeze thanks to the two TFT screens. No need to consult the manual, every information is displayed clearly on the screens. Remote control via MIDI and MADI is also possible.
The headphone can be connected to any analog or digital input or output: ideal for control or monitoring.
The fanless, compact 1HU device is the ultimate problem solver for studio, live sound, broadcast and recording – wherever high-end, multi-format conversion is needed in the Dante network.
Dante made easy: the perfect network solution for recording, broadcast, live sound, and house of worship
High Quality AD/DA
The Pulse DX uses the latest low latency AD/DA converters from Cirrus Logic. With a maximum sample rate of up to 192kHz and sophisticated external circuitry, they guarantee best sound with neutral frequency response and lowest THD + N. Using TRS jacks, all channels handle +20dBu studio level maximum, while each channel is individually adjustable in 1dB steps.
Dante Plug & Play
Integrate the Pulse16 DX seamlessly into your Dante network. Just plug it in and the device is visible on the network and ready to be routed freely using the Dante Controller software. Together with the Dante Virtual Soundcard, also from Audinate, the Pulse16 DX turns into a universal audio interface.
The Pulse16 DX has a modular MADI interface: The MADI SFP slot is equipped with an optical LC multimode module, which can be replaced, for example, by a Singlemode module. In addition to the 64 x 64 audio channels, a MIDI signal is also embedded, which can be used for device control and for routing to the MIDI interfaces.
Internal Routing Matrix
All 176 x 176 analog and digital channels of the Pulse16 DX are brought together in groups of 8 using the internal routing matrix. For easy monitoring, any channel, mono or stereo, can be selected for headphone output.
Dual TFT Screens
Keep track of all 32 analog channels at any time: Everything is shows clearly on two TFT screens. Status information and all functions are presented clearly and intuitively, so no need to consult the manual anymore. Gone are the days of blinking LED‘s and incomprehensible operation!
Flexible Remote Control
A comprehensive remote software for PC and MAC is available to control the Pulse16 DX. In addition to USB, the A32 Dante can also be connected via MIDI and MIDI over MADI. All Ferrofish devices are automatically detected and listed in the software.
2 x RJ-45 Ethernet connector (CAT5/6 cables),
64 x 64 channel Brooklyn II board built-in.
MADI I/O (AES10)
SFP Multimode included
SFP Singlemode optional
SFP port for MADI optical Multimode or Singlemode SFP module
- 64 channels @32kHz, 44.1kHz, 48kHz
- 32 channels @64kHz, 88.2kHz, 96kHz
- 16 channels @128kHz, 176.4kHz, 192kHz
Support of MIDI over MADI.
Latency: 2 samples
Analog Inputs (AD)
2 x CS5368 (Cirrus Logic)
16 x TRS ¼” (6.3mm), female
- Analog switches: +20dBu, +13dBu, +4dBu
- Digital gain: +20dBu … -8dBu, 1dB steps
- @48kHz: 12/fs, 0.25ms
- @96kHz: 9/fs, 0.09ms
- @192kHz: 5/fs, 0.03ms
TFT screen, 28 levels
Analog Outputs (DA)
2 x CS4385 (Cirrus Logic)
16 x TRS ¼” (6.3mm), female
- Digital gain: +20dBu … -8 dBu, 1dB steps
- @48kHz: 7.8/fs, 0.16ms
- @96kHz: 5.4/fs, 0.06ms
- @192kHz: 6.6/fs, 0.03ms
- 1 x ¼” (6.3mm) TRS jack, stereo.
- Selectable mono or stereo source.
- Digitally controlled volume level.
4+4 optical ports (8 channels each with 48 kHz)
- 16 channels @32kHz, 44.1kHz, 48kHz
- 16 channels @64kHz, 88.2kHz, 96kHz
- 8 channels @128kHz, 176.4kHz, 192kHz (SMUX4 – only with installed MADI MX option)
Latency: 2 samples
- 2 x DIN5 connector for remote control of the unit
- Conversion MIDI <> MIDI over MADI possible (MADI MX option required.)
- BNC: 1 x input, 1 x output
- 75 Ohm Termination switchable for input
- 1 x input jack with screw lock.
- Power required: 12VA in operation, 0,1VA in standby mode (Efficiency Level VI)
- Internal resettable polyfuse
- 1 x power supply included
- SMUX4 with 192 kHz operation (requires installed MADI SFP).
- Delay-compensation for MADI chain (requires installed MADI SFP).
- MIDI over MADI Preset Management (requires installed MADI SFP)
- TCXO (temp. compensated oscillator) with high accuracy.
- Initial accuracy: +/-1.5ppm
- Over temperature range: +/-2.5ppm
- Aging: +/-1ppm
- Digitally controlled PLL / Jitter reduction system
- Output jitter: 50ps … 100ps typ.
- 2 x TFT Color Screens for the complete control of all analog I/O levels and all settings of the unit
- One Key Control provides an easy control of all functions.
- Multi language help pages guides available (No need to study the manual.)
- Depth: 19cm (7.5”) (including connectors)