Coles 4038 Ribbon Microphone Stereo Matched Pair
Coles 4038 Stereo Matched Pair Ribbon Microphones in stock at Tidepool Audio!
Factory matched 4038 Ribbon Microphone pair with hard cases and all accessories needed for stereo recording
The 4038 Studio Ribbon Microphone is of British Broadcasting design (BBC) and used for broadcasting and recording such sounds where a clear smooth wide range frequency response, absent of transient distortion and relatively high sensitivity is essential.
The 4038 has a proven reliable performance capability, being since its introduction, used by broadcasting networks throughout the world such as the BBC.
The frequency response of the 4038 is exceptionally flat from 30 to 15,000 c/s and throughout this range the shape of the bi-directional (figure of eight) polar response is maintained substantially constant both in the horizontal and vertical planes, giving a natural smooth sonic quality textured response to sound signal being picked up.
Studio microphones have now achieved a remarkable fidelity of reproduction. If the microphone is not close to perfection, there is no point in having expensive playback systems to reproduce sound.
In the world of sound, the BBC has always been the leader, and is still regarded as the setter of standards.
Package Includes (2 Each)
- 4038 Ribbon Microphone
- Factory Matching
- Hard Carrying Case
- 4071B XLR Adapter Mount
- Protective Bag
Coles 4038 Ribbon Microphone Features
- Substantially flat frequency response from 30 to 15,000 c/s
- Extremely low (non-linear) distortion
- Exceptionally low hum pick-up
- Bi-directional (figure of eight) polar curve shape accurately maintained in both horizontal and vertical planes
- Excellent transient response
- Natural clear balanced response to sound signal
- Body shape to enhance acoustic performance
- Clear natural high fidelity sound reproduction
- Smooth sonic textured response
Coles 4038 Ribbon Microphone Specifications
- Frequency Response: 30 Hz to 15,000 Hz
- Impedance: 300 ohm
- Sensitivity: -65 dB W.R.T. IV/Pa
- Distortion: Less than 1% at 125 dB SPL
- Connection : By means of 4071B 3 pin jack plug. Pin 1 positive - Pin 2 negative - Pin 3 screen
- Body Housing: Made of heavy gauge perforated brass backed by finely woven monel mesh. Rotating hinge connection allows microphone to tilt through 90° and turned in any direction when either suspended or free standing
- Dimensions: 7¼" (197 mm) x 3¼" (83 mm) x (61 mm).
- Weight: 2 lb. 6 oz. (1.08 Kg).
- Finish: Black stove enamel textured paint
- Optional List of Accessories:
4071B Mic to stand adaptor with XLR
4069 to XLR
4072 Antivibration mic to stand adaptor
Soft cloth protective bag
Foam lined rigid plastic carrying case
- 1 Year Manufacturer's Warranty