Cascade Vin-Jet Ribbon Microphone
The Cascade VIN-JET ribbon microphone features a 2 7/16” long ribbon of aluminum suspended in the field of a pair of Neodymium rare earth permanent magnets. When the ribbon is exposed to sound it vibrates within the magnetic field and a tiny current is induced in the ribbon.
This current is amplified to produce sound. What makes ribbon microphones so incredibly sensitive and accurate is that the signal comes directly from the material that senses the sound; nothing is lost in translation. The result is the most intimate, warm, and articulate sound produced by any type of microphone. Ribbon microphones are an excellent choice for recording guitar cabinets, drum overheads and vocals.
Neodymium rare earth permanent magnet is a magnetic material developed in the 1980s with excellent magnetic characteristics. It is the strongest and most powerful magnetic material available.
ALSO AVAILABLE WITH OPTIONAL LUNDAHL TRANSFORMER
- Type: Ribbon (velocity) Microphone
- Ribbon type & Dimensions: 99% Pure aluminum, 2.5 micron, 2 7/16" (L) X 3/16" (W)
- Polar pattern: Figure 8 Symmetrical design
- Sensitivity: -54.8 dB (1.8 mV/Pa)
- Smooth, natural extended low and high ends
- Fast, accurate transient response
- Wide, extended sweet spots
- 135dB SPL capability
- Connector: 3-Pin male XLR
- Ideal for stereo microphone setups
- Size: 2 1/8" (O.D. grill), 2" (O.D. body)Overall length 8 3/8"