Avantone Pro CLA-10A Active Studio Monitor System
he Iconic Studio Monitor System is back.
Avantone Pro, in conjunction with the expertise of legendary mixer Chris Lord Alge, have designed the most faithful reproduction of the world’s most iconic studio monitor. Now everyone can mix on the monitors that define “the hitmaker sound”. A tremendous amount of design work and exacting detail have finally made the “white cone” monitors available to everyone! And now the world has finally gotten what it always asked for — an active-powered version: the CLA-10A! Black box. White cone. High-range frequency. It’s not known as the world’s best — it’s known for being the world’s best reference — the sound that creates hits.
The Original Drivers for the Original Sound
Since the “white cone” studio monitor was discontinued, the supply of aftermarket components have become more and more expensive and less and less available. Avantone Pro has created a near exact recreation of the original drivers. Using our global resources and decade of experience in driver construction, we have reproduced the components faithfully, updating the materials to comply with modern environmental requirements.
The “White Cone” has returned — with lots of power!
The AV10-MHF tweeter dome went through a difficult engineering process to get the exact phenolic resin doping to match the original performance curve. The AV10-MLF woofer uses custom tooled mechanical parts that mirror the original. We worked closely with one of the original vendors of the original cone to get the exact same stiffness and weight. The only difference from the original is that we use a pressed cone as opposed to a lapped. This allows for tighter matching in every cone we build — meaning this is the first time matched pairs have been available!
Both replacement drivers are physically and dimensionally exactly the same as the originals and are “bolt in” hassle-free installation.
Available For the First Time in an Active Configuration.
One of the most common questions asked about the CLA-10A’s is which version of the originals are they based on, and the answer is: all of them! The CLA-10A’s have an all new “VTPC” knob or “Variable Tissue Paper Control.” This VTPC allows you to simulate anything from the Vertical “m” model to the horizontal “Studio” model and everything in between. No more debate over the best tissue paper to use — VTPC has you covered!
Avantone Pro decided to stay traditional with a linear power supply implementing a massive old school toroidal transformer in order to maintain the legacy sound. The CLA-10A uses a monolithic Class AB amplifier. At low power, THD is a phenomenal 0.005%; at rated load it is 0.1%, yielding excellent performance compared to class D amps. The system yields a rock solid 200WRMS.
THE CLA MONITOR FAMILY — ONLY FROM AVANTONE
We’ve worked tirelessly to bring this classic monitor system back to the world — but it took more than just recreating a single speaker. A tremendous amount of attention has been put into every detail: matching the original MDF and wood veneer for the cabinet, matching the original winding dimensions/value/dc resistance of the inductors, profiling the most popular amplifier pairings of the original, just to name a few things. All of this development has culminated into a slew of monitor solutions.
- The CLA-10 and CLA-10A: the iconic “white cone” monitors, in both passive and active configurations.
- The CLA-100 and CLA-200: reference amplifiers with the perfect voicing to compliment the CLA-10 and original “white cones.”
- AV10 MHF and AV10 MLF: the classic “white cone” drivers — now available for the first time in decades as direct replacements for the original.
- AV10 MXO: replacement crossover for original Yamaha™ NS10M™ studio monitors.
- System Type: Active Full-Range Two-Way Stereo Pair
- System Frequency Response: 60Hz-20,000Hz (Accessible Musical Range)
- Components: Low Frequency: AV10-MLF 18Cm Cone, High Frequency: AV10-MHF 3.5Cm Soft Dome
- Cabinet: 10.4 Liter Sealed Design, 18mm MDF With Real Wood Veneer
- Cabinet Dimensions: 381.5mm X 215mm X197.5mm (15”X 8 ½”X 7- ¾ ”)
- Weight: 8.2Kg / 18 Lbs (Each)
- Shipping Weight: 18.5 Kg / 40.5 Lbs
- SPL: 104dB
- Peak Musical Output: 110dB (Music Program Material)
- Amplifier: 200W Class Ab Linear Supply
- THD: 0.05% At 1Khz, 1W
- Balanced Inputs: Combination XLR & Phone Jack
- Unbalanced Input: RCA Phono Jack
- Volume: +0dB, -120dB
- VTPC: Variable Tissue Paper Control Fc 1.8Khz +6dB, -30dB.
- Power: On/off Switch
- Ground Lift Switch
- Power: 115Vac/230Vac Selectable
- StandBy: 3W
- Full Output: 250W