EQP-KT owes its characteristic warmth to a set of premium, hand-selected 12AX7 and 12AU7 tubes. This time-tested combination provides ultra low-noise analog output with the ideal balance of tight, warm bass, silky-smooth midrange and brilliant, airy treble.
Klark Teknik EQP-KT Classic Tube Equalizer
Classic Tube Equaliser with Switchable Frequency Selection, Variable Bandwidth and Custom-Built MIDAS Transformers
- Single-channel, two-band equaliser based on the classic Pultec* EQP-1A
- Class A, all discrete circuitry for highest signal integrity
- Premium selection 12AX7 and 12AU7 tubes
- Custom-built MIDAS input and output transformers
- Switchable frequency selectors with up to 7 frequency points
- Independent boost and cut controls provide immense creative potential
- Variable bandwidth control for wide sound sculpting
- Inductor based equaliser section
- Bypass feature allows for A/B comparison
- Transformer balanced inputs and outputs on Neutrik* XLR connectors
- Rugged 2U rackmount chassis for durability in portable applications
- Auto-ranging universal switch-mode power supply
- 10-Year Warranty Program*
- Designed and engineered in the U.K.
If ever there is an official “Audio Technology Hall of Fame”, it will definitely include a shrine to the legendary Pultec EQP-1A. We pay homage to this audio-processing pioneer that has graced so many recordings, with our EQP-KT Classic Tube Equaliser. And while vintage Pultec units are extremely rare and expensive, the EQP-KT is amazingly affordable – and designed for the 21st Century. Mastering quality equalisation, at a price point that makes the EQP-KT equally at home in your studio – and your live rack!
The EQP-KT draws inspiration from the legendary Pultec EQP-1A equaliser, which was first produced in the early 1950s. Since then, Pultec equalisers have been prized for their smooth musical sound, and audio engineers have utilised them at all stages of the recording process – from tracking to mastering.
At the heart of the EQP-KT is a vintage Class-A circuit design constructed from the highest-quality discrete components – all of which meet or exceed the Pultec EQP-1A’s original specifications. This is just one of the many ways the EQP-KT brings unparalleled precision and superb signal integrity into the new audio age.