Focal Shape Twin dual 5" Powered Studio Monitor - single
Focal Shape Twin Monitor in stock at Tidepool Audio
This standard bearer of the Shape series features two passive radiators, woofers equipped with a new Flax cone, and the latest 'M'-shaped Aluminium/Magnesium inverted dome tweeter.
The Focal Shape Twin monitor is made in France. Designed for nearfield monitoring, they combine clever design and numerous settings optimized for the acoustics of small rooms. Shape Twin is accurate over the whole audio spectrum, with a tight low end and high SPL considering its size. The compact design makes it easy to integrate in small rooms. This tri-amped, 2.5-way design gives it a real advantage when it comes to controlling the bass and lower mid-range registers which are the hardest ranges to control in small rooms.
Shape Twin’s five innovations present a remarkable tonal balance, with very wide and precise stereo imaging. The low frequencies are well defined as well as controlled. The low-mid and mid ranges provide a true neutral sound.
- Tweeter with very low directivity for a flexible listening position
- Designed with a double passive radiator instead of ports, allowing it to be placed near a wall.
- Numerous settings for optimal integration
- Accurate control, even in the very high end
- Flax sandwich cone: controlled and well defined bass, natural and detailed lower mid-range and upper mid-range ranges.
- Mounting mechanisms present on the back and underneath the loudspeaker: for installing on a table stand, a microphone stand, the ceiling or a wall (mounting accessories not supplied).