AKG C451B Classic SDC Microphone - ON SALE
Factory-sealed from AKG's Austria plant - not China!
One of the C 451 B's most common applications is for drum overheads, and many engineers say there's nothing quite like it for miking cymbals - the metallic "crash" and brilliance come through perfectly. The C451B is also an excellent tool for accurately capturing signals rich in transients such as instruments with a percussive sound, acoustic guitar, or for overhead miking.
Sonically identical to the original, which featured the much-acclaimed CK-1 cardioid capsule, the new C 451 B is incredibly precise and accurate. AKG made the C451B with dramatically improved specifications. Using an extremely light diaphragm, the new C451B is almost totally insensitive to handling noise. Other features include an all-metal body for excellent protection from RF interference and high reliability for excellent results under almost all conditions.
The C 451 B capsule is permanently fixed to the preamp to increase overall stability under mechanical stress. It includes a switchable preattenuation pad to increase the C 451 B's SPL capability. A switchable highpass filter at 75Hz or 150Hz prevents low-end distortion. The AKG C 451 B microphone makes a great addition to any professional studio or recording setup.
- Cardioid condenser mic with outstanding transient response
- Frequency range 20Hz-20kHz
- Sensitivity 9 mV/Pa (-41dBV)
- Max. SPL 135/145/155dB (0/-10/-20dB)
- Equivalent noise level (CCIR 468-3) 29dB
- Equivalent noise level 18dBA
- Signal/noise ratio (A-weighted) 76dB
- Preattenuation pad 0dB, -10dB, -20dB selectable
- Bass filter flat, 12dB/octave at 75 or 150Hz, selectable
- Impedance <200 ohms
- Recommended load impedance >1000 ohms
- Current consumption <2 mA
- 3-pin XLR connector
- Satin nickel plated finish
- Requires +9V to +52V phantom power