Lauten Audio Oceanus - $1799
Big, Innovative, Detailed, High-Performance
Clear the air for big revealing sound. Visually stunning, the LT-381 Oceanus is a fantastic vocal mic. It's an original high-performance transformer-less tube condenser microphone that produces full and detailed recordings.
"In a world full of clones and wannabees the LT-381 Oceanus is a new voice in an otherwise crowded field of mediocre pretenders. Try this microphone on your favorite singer and I guarantee you will not be disappointed."
Douglas Grean, Producer - Stone Temple Pilots, Scott Weiland
Captures minute details
Our new 31.25mm dual-diaphragm capsule captures minute details of the sound source. With the unique circuit topology and body design you will notice increased clarity as well as subtle tube character. Being a transformer-less mic it also minimizes feedback and signal loss, while the unique signal path eliminates the harshness often associated with transformer-less mics.
"When charting the seas of smooth audio response, this microphone is an unflappable luxury ocean liner."
Pro Audio Review Magazine Innovative Design
Optimal performance features
The LT-381 Oceanus features a variable polar pattern selector allowing you to choose omnidirectional, cardioid and figure-8 as well as six intermediate positions. This variable pattern selector provides the ability to achieve many variations of sound characteristics. The rugged vintage style external power supply houses the polar pattern selector and supplies a consistent voltage to the microphone to achieve optimal performance. There are two features designed to reduce vibrations and noise. First, the capsule is internally shock mounted. Second, each microphone has a custom heavy-duty shock mount that securely holds the microphone and reduces external vibrations and noise.
- Large 31.25mm dual-diaphragm capsule
- Variable-step Omni, to Cardioid, to Figure-8
- Vacuum tube input & output
- Internal shock mount
- NOS Military grade tube
- High resolution capacitors
- Vintage style power supply
- Heavy duty shock mount
- Sustainably farmed wood mic box
- Premium Gotham 7-Pin tube mic cable
- Deluxe flight case
- Circuit Transformer-less Vacuum Tube
- Type Dual-diaphragm condenser
- Polar Pattern Cardioid, Omni & Figure-8 (variable)
- Dimensions 8.8 x 2.4in
- Freq. Response 20Hz to 20kHz
- Dynamic Range 100dB minimum
- Impedance <200 ohms
- Max. SPL 0.5%THD@1000Hz: 120dB
- Self-noise level 20dB(A)
- Sensitivity 16mV/Pa OR -36±2dB 0dB=1V/Pa 1000Hz
- Connectors 7-pin XLR & 3-Pin Standard XLR
- Power Requirement Custom power supply 100 to 230v
Some suggested uses include:
Vocals, overheads, instruments.
Audio © 2003 - 2013 All Rights Reserved